Friday, February 18, 2011

Upon Further Review....

It takes a big man to admit it when he's wrong.




It takes a bigger man to admit it when he's acted like a fool and total hypocrite.



Your Friendly Neighborhood Right Wing Extremist, Alan Levy, aka Absolutely Nobama, was all of those things in his last column titled Birthers and Truthers: I Love You Guys! In this column, I arrogantly attacked the folks who rightly demand proof of Chairman Obama's eligibilty to be President. I called them mentally ill, demented, and crazy. I treated them as I would a Global Warming nutjob, much to my regret.



Well, I was wrong. The "Birther" movement IS NOT wrong. They ARE NOT crazy. Heck, they're not even conspiracy theorists. They're simply people who love their country and want to make sure that the person elected to lead the Free World is eligible to do so. Is that such a crime ? No. They also want to make sure the Constitution wasn't trampled upon. That's not crazy, is it ? No. It's patriotic, plain and simple.





Upon further review, there are way too many questions about Chairman Obama's eligibility. Was The Failed Messiah born in the United States ? I don't know. Did Chairman Obama or his guardian at the time renounce his citizenship in order to attend school in Indonesia ? I don't know. That's the problem. I don't know and no one else does, either. That's the problem. Why don't we know ? Or better yet, Why aren't we allowed to know ?



In my last column, I wrote:



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"If I've said it once, I've said a thousand times: We no longer live in times where we can shrug our shoulders and say: 'Nah. That couldn't be true'. We live in times that force us to say: 'That would really suck if it were true, and what the hell is he writing on that blackboard, anyway ?' "





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------





I am going to start following my own advice instead of bloviating to hear myself bloviate. Those of you who quetsion Barack Obama's eligibilty to be President: I stand with you. I want to know, and damn it, We The People have a right to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.