Saturday, January 22, 2011

Do You Remember ? I Know I Do.

A message from the heart to the Republicans in Congress:








--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Remember, remember the elections in November,

you were elected stop Obama's near treasonous plot.

I know of no reason, other than treason,

that the elections should ever be forgot!





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------





What earth shattering event would force me to write such admittedly poor prose ? What on earth could possibly make Your Friendly Neighborhood Right Wing Extremist Columnist so upset that he is forced to stray so far from his comfort zone ? Just what is bothering him, anyway ? (Other than the fact that the United States is sliding into the Third World.)



The idea of the Democrat and Republican party sitting together for Chairman Obama's State of Confusion Address.



I know this seems petty. I know this makes me look like a partisan hack. I know it makes me look like a jerk, given the fact that this gesture is supposedly to show unity in the wake of the Tuscon shooting that almost claimed the life of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and killed and maimed many others.



I just don't care.



Now, don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't have sympathy for the victims. It breaks my heart that nine year old Christina Taylor Green was murdered that horrible day. It breaks my heart that Congresswoman Giffords will probably spend the rest of her life recovering from her injury. My heart goes out to all the victims of the Tuscon shooting. Let's get that straight before you call me a heartless monster.



There are several reasons I oppose Congress sitting together for the State of Confusion Address. They are as follows:

•It makes it look like the Right is caving in to the criticism of the Lamestream Media. It's almost as if the Right is apologizing for the shooting even though it had nothing to do with it.

•It ignores the fact that the citizens of the United States voted FOR a divided government.

•It hides the vast majority the Republican Party now has in the House of Representatives. Representative Paul Broun (R-GA) said it best when he said this to talk show host Scott Hennen: " In fact, I’m talking to members of Congress. Our leadership said you do whatever you want to do. If you wanna sit with the Democrats, you can. If you wanna sit with Republicans, that you can. We‘re going to have a conference next week and I’m gonna bring that up there. I already believe very firmly that it is a trap and a ruse that Democrats are proposing. They don’t want civility. They want silence from the Republicans. And the sitting together being kissy-kissy is just another way to try to silence Republicans, and also to show — to keep the American people from seeing how few of them there are in the U.S. House now. Then when people stand up to — what the Democrats are going to be doing when Barack Obama spews out all his venom, then, um, if they’re scattered throughout all the Republicans, then it won‘t be as noticeable as if we’re sitting apart. So it is a ruse and I‘m not in favor of it and I’m talking about it and I hope other members of the Republican conference in the House will not take the bait."



I remember why I voted the way I did last November. Does the Republican Party remember why I voted that way or did they toss that fact into the nearest Memory Hole ?



God help us all.

No comments: