Friday, June 4, 2010

Nero Obama

“I’m not going to rest — and none of the gentlemen and women who are here are going to rest — or be satisfied until the leak is stopped at the source, the oil on the Gulf is contained and cleaned up, and the people of this region are able to go back to their lives and their livelihoods...."--- Chairman Obama






So tell me, Dear Leader, is your sing-along with Paul McCartney part of the process of cleaning up the Gulf disaster ?





See, this is personal to me. I live in Florida. I grew up here. I will die here. This is my home. I have no interest in living anywhere else. It kills me to think that Florida's beaches are about to be destroyed for years to come, and yet, our President is living it up with a live performance by Paul McCartney ? WTF ?





Does that make sense ? Even if you're an Obama drone, does that make sense ?





I understand this is a huge problem. I also understand there are no quick fixes. I get that. I understand Chairman Obama is entitled to personal time. However, personal time does not include parties. Personal time does not include rounds of golf. Not now. Schmoe Biden once famously quipped, "Now is not the time for profits". Well, Absolutely Nobama says, "Now is not the time for parties".





Beatlegate proves one thing: Chairman Obama is not fit to be President. This isn't me being a hyper-partisan Libertarian mad as hell about yet another wasteful government program, this is me being an angry Floridian who's watching a state he's called home for over 30 years enter the Third World, or at least, become Michigan South, while the President of The United States is having a party and singalongs with a geriatric hippie. We The People deserve a hell of a lot more than Chairman Obama has to offer.





The Roman Emperor Nero played his fiddle as Rome burned...Chairman Obama pretended to be a Beatle while the Gulf States were sludged over. All I can say, with a heavy, heavy heart is--





God help us all.





Especially those of us in the Gulf states.

No comments: