Can they not see it ? Can they not hear it ? Can they they not smell the big ol' messy Democrat it takes every couple of hours ?
Why are they ignoring the 800 pound simian in the room ? ( Please note :Poiliticalcorrectpol has outlawed the original saying unless the word "gorilla" is replaced by the word "simian". Any failure to adhere to this policy will result in a nasty protest letter signed by 400 of George $oros' most politically reliable rabbis. Other penalties may include angry denunciations from the floor of the House of Representatives by Inner Party members Debbie "Sergeant" Schultz and Sheila Jerkson-Lee and Al Sharptongueton instigating a riot in front of your place of business.)
The 800 pound simian in the room is the arrogant and lazy mainstream media and their lib bias.
The most glaring example of this is the media frenzy over presidential candidate Michele Bachmann's migraine headaches.
Now, before we get started, let's get one thing perfectly clear. This column's purpose is not to shill for Michele Bachmann. I will never shill for any political candidate in this space. Unlike the ethically-challenged Keith Olbermann, I understand that it's my role to comment on events as they happen, not try to make them happen. Thus, you'll never hear from me (in this column, at any rate) "Vote for this one" or "Vote for that one." That doesn't mean I won't tell you how to vote, however. For example: I could say "Ron Rupaul is a nut job who will get Americans killed with his foreign policy if he's ever in the White House" and "Myth Romney is just like Chairman Obama, only with bigger hair and a birth certificate that wasn't forged". In those examples, I'm simply stating fact and trusting you, the reader, to draw your own conclusions. (In other words, I trust your judgment, unlike the "government".)
Now that we've gotten that bit of housekeeping out of the way, I can continue my rant in good conscience.
Recently, The Daily Caller (which is now nipping the heels of Politico as the website of choice for establishment RINOs) reported that Michelle Bachmann suffers from migraine headaches that allegedly puts her out actions for days on end. ( http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/18/stress-related-condition-incapacitates-bachmann-heavy-pill-use-alleged/ ) The arrogant and lazy mainstream media, which wouldn't normally give the Daily Caller the time of day, was all over the story like white on rice. [Message from Politicalcorrectthinkpol: We'll let this one slide, but remember "brown on rice" is also acceptable.] The frenzy came to a head when ABC News assigned investigative reporter Brian Ross to the story, who had to be restrained by Bachmann's security team.
Uh-oh. The 800 pound simian is getting angry....he's doesn't like to be ignored.....Ok, here we go....
WHERE WAS THIS MEDIA FRENZY DURING THE '08 POPULARITY CONTEST!?!? WHY DIDN'T THE ARROGANT AND LAZY MEDIA SHOW THIS KIND OF INTEREST IN CHAIRMAN OBAMA BACK IN 2008 !?
Think about it. Take off whatever partisan shaded sunglasses you're wearing and look at the following facts:
- In 2008, it was a generally accepted fact that the future Chairman Obama had ties to domestic terrorists (Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn) and an Islamic terrorist (Rashid Khalidi).
- In 2008, it was generally known that the future Chairman Obama had used cocaine.
- In 2008, it was known that a young Barack Obama liked hang out with Marxist college professors and discuss the works of Frantz Fannon, a favorite writer of Leftist terrorists the world over.
- In 2008, it was common knowledge that our future Dear Leader had strong ties to "Reverend" Jeremiah Wrong, a vicious race-baiter who not only believed that the United States deserved 9/11, but also the government created the AIDS virus to kill off the black community. (Basically, Jeremiah Wrong is a one man Moveon.dork rally.)
- Oh yeah, before I forget, no one was sure that Obama was born in the United States or whether or not he was even elligible to be president.
God help us all.