Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Don't Care What Awards He "Wins", Olbermann's Still A Hack

Recently, Keith Olbermann won an Edward R. Murrow award for writing.

Geez, and I thought Chairman Obama's Nobel Peace of Crap Prize was an insult to my above average intelligence. I guess 2+2=5, after all.

The World's Largest Ego won the award for his work on "A Baseball Fan Named Marie", which was for his mother who had passed away two days before its airing. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against Marie Olbermann. It was touching, but honestly, is that award winning news ? Call me crazy and off my meds but hasn't:

  • Megan Kelly, of FOX News, blown open the scandal at the Department of Injustice, who allowed the New Black Panther Party walk away unscathed from their voter intimidation case ?
  •  Glenn Beck, also of FOX News, expose Van Jones, a communist serving in the Obama Administration ?
  • Greta Van Susteren, again from FOX, risk her life by doing stories from North Korea ?
  • Bill O'Reilly provided nights upon nights of feisty, two sided debates for years on end ?

Well, where was the hardware for these folks ? Say what you will about FOX's supposed Right Wing slant, (Which is a tenous argument at best, when you consider FOX News is also the home to many leftist nutjobs like Doug Schoen, Bob Beckell, Marc Lamont Hill, and Alan Colmes. Who could forget Juan Williams, who is on 23 out of a possible 24 hours on FOX ?) but haven't these folks done far more than The World's Largest Ego to promote "excellence in electronic journalism" ?

Political sniping aside, The World's Largest Ego isn't a journalist. He's an opinion guy, and quite frankly, not very good at it. The World's Largest Ego never books opposing voices, like Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly do. All he does is shake his head like a bobblehead doll as one committed leftist after another reads their talking points from the DNC and the HuffingtonandPuffington Post. Then, it's time to smear a Conservative. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a George Soros funded crybaby like the dorks at Media Matters and Moveon.Org. We have a First Amendment and The World's Largest Ego has the right to say whatever the hell he likes. I don't care, but least be competent about it,

I don't care what awards he "wins", Olbermann's still a hack. Hacks don't deserve awards.

God help us all.

No comments: