Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Nanny Nanny Boo-Boo

The effort to repeal Proposition 8 has failed to reach the November ballot in California.
 
On this breaking news, I have this to say: Nanny, nanny, boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo.
 
Now, I'm sure there will be those who call me a hate monger for saying that. I'm fairly certain Rachel Maddcow would send me to the Ministry of Love for reeducation in how to play nice with others and toe the Progressivevik line. I'm fairly certain Moron Dowd would sign off on my death warrant if she could for daring not have secular humanist values. Maybe they'll force me to watch the Ed Show for my crimes against humanity, a punishment even Rudolf Hess would not have deserved.
 
To be fair, gay marriage would not effect my life in any way. Like Thomas Jefferson, noted Rightwing Extremist, said "it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." Really, I don't care what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes. I could care less if two adults have Eric Massa-inspired tickle fights. I simply don't care. It's none of my business, just like it's no one's business what my wife and I do in the privacy of our own home.
 
What I do mind is this effort made by the Progressivevik left to make the rest of us accept their values or lack thereof. That's what the pro-gay marriage gang really want. They want to replace our Judeo-Christian values with their secular-progressive values. They want to replace what Western Civilization has taught us for the last 5000 years and replace it with their psycho-babble. They honestly think we should say "Enough with the Bible nonsense, we need to go a different route." That's what gay marriage is all about. It isn't about individual rights, since Progressiveviks sure as hell don't believe in that, it's all about control. It's about using the hammer of government to make moral choices for the governed. The pro-gay marriage gang is no different than the Jerry Falwell types they loathe in that respect. They want to make moral choices for the people, and that strikes me as wrong, no matter what side does it. I, like the grand majority of Americans, don't need anyone else to make my choices for me. I can be trusted to make my own judgement calls, thank you very damn much.
 
Isn't it great when Liberty defeats tyranny ? It always sends a thrill up my leg. Or is that diabetic neuropathy ? Maybe the death panels will allow me to find that out or maybe they won't.

No comments: